Saturday, May 8, 2021
Date is tentative pending location.
Location to be announced soon!
New for 2021 – Team Engineering Challenge
The first annual Minnesota SkillsUSA Team Engineering Challenge will be hosted in conjunction with the Engineering Machine Design Championship providing an opportunity to further inspire students’ interest in engineering and expand their skills. Learn more…
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM | Check-in
11:00 AM – 1:00 PM | Lunch
11:00 AM – 11:30 AM | Team Captain and Coach Meeting
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM | Final Machine Tune-up
12:30 PM – 2:00 PM | Preliminary Round Judging
2:00 PM – 2:30 PM | Educational Session #1
2:30 PM – 2:45 PM | Finalists Announced
2:45 PM – 4:15 PM | Finals Round Judging
4:15 PM – 5:30 PM | Educational Session #2
5:30 PM – 6:00 PM | Awards Ceremony
This schedule is tentative and subject to change.
Qualifying teams will receive an email invitation to register for the Championship and all relevant information will be made available here. The password to access the site will be made available to team coaches.
WHAT: Engineering Machine Design Contest Championship Event
WHO: All Senior and Junior Division teams that earned the opportunity to advance to the Championship from their Regional Contest.
WHERE: Announcement forthcoming.
INTENT to ATTEND: Coaches must complete the Intent to Attend form after their Regional Contest. Visit the Championship Team Resource webpage for more information.
REGISTRATION: The registration and payment deadline is TBD and will be available on the Championship Team Resource webpage.
COST: The minimum fundraising goal is $600 per team.
- Teams are encouraged to raise at least $150 per team member and coach.
- No team will be denied registration based on not meeting the minimum fundraising goal.
- Funds raised by teams will go to program development and direct costs.
- Teams will compete for Community Engagement Awards with the greatest number of individual sponsorships and the highest total amount raised in each division receiving awards.
- Visit the Championship Team Resource webpage for more information.