Engineering and STEM-related scholarship programs
In an effort to make education more accessible to students interested in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), the following is a curated list of engineering and STEM-related scholarship programs.
American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)*
- Undergraduate engineering or pre-engineering students
- 3.0 GPA (out of a 4.0 scale)
- The institution hosts an active ASHRAE Student Branch or, the program is accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) www.abet.org or, the institution has a signed Memorandum of Understanding with ABET
Black Students in STEM
- High school, undergraduate, or graduate
- Science, Technology, Engineers, or Mathematics (STEM) Major
Google Conference Scholarship
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
- Technology focus
- Have a strong academic and/or professional background with demonstrated leadership ability
- Women, Black/African American/Caribbean/WestIndies, Hispanic/Latinx, and Native American/First Nations
Minnesota Precision Manufacturing Association’s (MPMA)*
- Interest in manufacturing
- Applicants must be (or planning on being) full-time students at an accredited institute of higher education.
- A 3.2 (out of a 4.0 scale) GPA required
Latinas in STEM
- High school senior or undergraduate student
- STEM focus
- First-generation background
Precision Metalforming Association Educational Scholarship
- Two completed scholarship recommendation forms.
- The applicant must be a high school senior and/or formally enrolled in a post-secondary metal-forming/manufacturing/technology/engineering program; trades job training, apprenticeship or machining, CNC, tool & die, welding or stamping certificate program at an accredited institution with 20 or more contact hours.
- Post-secondary, apprentice and advanced degree scholarship applicants must have completed at least one quarter/semester; job training and certificate program applicants must have completed their respective program to request reimbursement.
Society for Automotive Engineers Scholarship
- Any academic level
- STEM focus
- Good academic standing
Women in STEM
- High school senior or undergraduate
- STEM Major
Workforce Development Scholarship
- Enrolled in a high-demand occupation within an eligible program
- 9 credits per term; 2.0 GPA, Minnesota resident
- Preference for students in financial need
- Adult students and transfer students to state universities are eligible
*Scholarship Renews Annually