EMDC Student Ambassadors
Apply today to shape the future of the EMDC!
Are you ready to be a leader?
Promote the impact EMDC has on young people.
Social Media Influencer
Share your story to influence others.
Help others work toward success through the EMDC.
Mover & Shaker
Contribute your ideas to help shape the future of the EMDC.
Social Media Influencer
Help manage the EMDC social media sites including creating content and scheduling posts for YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and other outlets.
Coordinate and collaborate with the EMDC Ambassador Team to ensure a fun and inclusive experience for all team members.
Share about the awesome impact EMDC has on young people from all background at regional event, virtual meetings, and the championship event.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be consider for the EMDC Ambassador Team:
- Have completed at least one year in the EMDC.
- Be in grades six through twelve.
One-year term, starting in the fall through the end of the contest season in April/May.
Individuals can serve multiple terms.
Support event organizers at regional and championship events such as helping setup/clean-up and facilitate feedback sessions.
Attend regular virtual team meetings, contributing your ideas and experiences to the help improve and enhance the EMDC.
Be a shining representative of the program and a positive role model for other young people to aspire to be like.
Deadline to Apply
2024 Season Cohort: November 15th, 2023
2025 Season Cohort: September 15th, 2024
Note: Responses to the Application Questions can be submitted as a video or written response.
Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
Note: Email letters of recommendation to email@example.com.
Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria by a committee of EMDC representatives:
- Minimum Requirements Met (At least one year in EMDC and in the 6th-12th grade)
- Letters of Recommendation: Endorsing applicant as an individual that is eager to learn, take on challenges, be a team player, and be a positive representative of the program.
- Response to Two (2) Application Questions (Video or Written):
- What is your favorite part of the EMDC Program?
- Why do you want to be an EMDC Ambassador?
- How would your teammates response to the following question: What make [insert your name] a good leader or role model?
- How do you envision your future after EMDC? What career or field interests you the most and why?
- How do you think the EMDC will (or has) prepared you for future experiences and/or aspirations?
- Regional EMDC Representing (to ensure all regional locations are represented)
Announcement of selected applicants will be made approximately two weeks after application deadline. Under special circumstances, applicants may be accepted after the application deadline with program director approval.
Questions? Contact Melissa Huppert, Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.