Objective: Students will research and create poster presentations showcasing different engineering career pathways and their applications in the real world.
Time: 60± minutes
- Poster boards or presentation software (e.g., PowerPoint)
- Art supplies (markers, colored pencils, etc.)
- Internet access for research
- Introduction: Introduce students to various engineering career pathways and explain the importance of understanding the diverse opportunities available in the field.
- Research: Assign students or groups specific engineering disciplines. Instruct them to research the discipline’s applications, notable projects, and potential career paths.
- Poster Creation: Provide students with poster boards or access to presentation software. They will create visually appealing posters that include information about the engineering discipline, career opportunities, and examples of projects.
- Presentation: Have students present their posters to the class. Encourage them to share what they have learned and why they find the engineering pathway interesting.
- Class Discussion: After all presentations, facilitate a class discussion about the different engineering pathways explored. Discuss the range of opportunities available in engineering and how students can connect their interests to potential careers.