Skip to content
- Read the handbook carefully and review the score sheets, machine specifications, and penalties.
- For inspiration or ideas of what a machine might look visit https://engineering.mnsu.edu/engineering-machine-design-contest/example-machines.
- Communicate clearly to the judges through the Team Journal and Team Presentation. It is best if information is clearly communicated so judges do not have to make assumptions or try to interpret what is meant. Judges are
not experts in all areas.
- Be creative in translating the theme to the machine. Enjoy the process and have fun as a team!
- When designing the machine, avoid having action be hidden behind other parts of the machine. The judges are only able to evaluate what they can see.
- Consider using more simple steps and actions as they are generally more repeatable and have less glitches. Some steps that are too complex are also more likely to cause issues in competition.